Sunday, February 26, 2006

Bombay Dreams'


I watched the musical this friday. The music is from A.R. Rehman, mostly direct rips from songs in his films.
It was generally fun, only that it felt really funny to listen to english lyrics on bollywood songs.
I mean come on... bollywood dialogues are way beyond what westerners can call 'sappy' or 'mushy'...

The dances were fun, considering that one of the main dancers, Rani was well rounded, mostly shaped like a 'pear'. But she was super flexible and every twist and turn of her well augumented assests was well crafted and silk smooth.

Most of the movements and steps were very bollywood-ish with shaky gyrating hips complementing the colorful shinny costumes.
I had a good time but I guess my dancer friend accompaning me did not have a lot of steps to take home..

No comments: